Sioux Falls, SD
Approximately 16 hours/2 weeks
Join our growing team in providing personal and innovative care in a patient-centered medical-surgical environment. ART Vision is hiring a Part-Time Surgical Technologist to assist in the assessment, planning, and implementation of surgical care.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a positive, professional attitude, great attention to detail, and a strong passion for learning. The surgical technologist will work under the supervision and delegation of Dr. Alison R. Tendler to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of surgical procedures. Previous experience with ophthalmology is preferred.
Duties performed include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the operating room environment is safe, that equipment is functioning properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Accurately accounting for items used during the procedure and maintaining a sterile field.
- Demonstrating knowledge of surgical procedures and safety measures to facilitate the safest surgical techniques.
- Preparing the surgical environment for procedures, ensuring that supplies and devices are sterile and available.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an approved school of surgical technology preferred.
- Experience in an operating room setting is preferred. Previous experience with opthalmologic procedures is preferred. Must have a good knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical and surgical terminology, instrumentation, aseptic techniques, and surgical procedures acquired through post-secondary training.
- National certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- BLS certified.
If you are interested in helping people See the World Better and See Themselves Better, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].